Using Power-Ups in Luxor
When you play the game of Luxor you have several helpful tools at your fingertips. These tools include Power-Ups. You receive Power-Ups each time you succeed in creating three explosions in a row. Power-Ups fall from the sky and you must catch them by moving your shooter underneath them as they fall.
There are two different types of Power-Ups. Instant Power-Ups go into effect instantly, as soon as you catch them. Shooter Power-Ups replace the next sphere in your shooter and go into effect when you shoot them.
- SLOW – Catching a Slow Power-Up instantly reduces the speed of the spheres on the screen for several seconds.
- STOP – Catching a Stop Power-Up will cause all of the spheres to freeze for several seconds.
- REVERSE – Catching a Reverse Power-Up will cause all of the spheres to move in reverse for several seconds.
- COLOR BOMB – Catching a Color Bomb Power-Up will immediately destroy all of the spheres of a specific color.
- SPEED SHOT – Catching a Speed Shot Power-Up increases the speed of your next few shots. Additionally, it adds a light beam that helps you to aim.
- FIRE BALL – A Fire Ball Power-Up will destroy all of the spheres within the area that you shoot it. When you receive a Fire Ball you should shoot it in an area of the playing field that is the most concentrated with spheres. This will ensure that you destroy the most spheres that you can to get the most out of your Fire Ball.
- LIGHTNING BOLD – A Lightning Bold Power-Up shoots a lightning bolt straight upwards, destroying all the spheres along its way. The Lightning Bolt shoots in a vertical line, so it is important to make sure that you shoot it at an area where there are as many spheres lined up vertically as possible. Shooting the Lightning Bolt at a horizontal line of spheres may result in you only destroying a single sphere.
- WILD BALL – A Wild Ball Power-Up can be shot in between any two spheres and, regardless of the color of the spheres, it will match them. Try to use your Wild Balls in areas of the chain that will cause large combos and chain reactions.