Strategy for Cubis
Following is a list of strategic ideas for this skill game that help improve the opportunity to succeed in the game.
- Practice makes Perfect! As with any skill game, becoming acquainted with the game will improve your choices in moves. The best way to do this is to find software that will give you the chance to practice first before playing for real. This way you can play with less pressure until you feel more comfortable with the game.
- Using your mouse enables you to release the cubes onto the board at your discretion. The cubes aren’t released until you release the left mouse button, so if you change your mind about where to place your cube but have already clicked on the left mouse button, simply keep holding it down until you can release it where you want.
- Use the display right under the grid to see the next three cube colors, and utilize it to plan your next few moves.
- Remember that you are likely to lose points for any cube left on the board, so focus your attention on clearing those before the round ends.
- Many more points are granted for a Cubis, so remember that when the cubes are stacked together in a bunch, its easier to attain a Cubis by clearing the chains.
- Watch out for crumbling cubes... this can happen when a cube falls from a stack.
- Remember that the only way to obliterate the Stone Cube is with a Laser Cube, so make sure to use the Laser Cube first and foremost for this purpose. If all the Stone Cubes are gone, or if the level is nearly over and Star Cubes remain on the board, then by all means use the Laser Cube against non-Stone cubes. Also be aware that using the Laser Cube to destroy any cube only reduces the “Cubes to Go” counter by one (the Laser Cube doesn’t count in this move), and if you shoot it into an empty row or column the counter doesn’t change and the cube has gone to waste.
- Remember to watch the clock… you want to get rid of all the “Cubes to Go” before time runs out so keep timing in mind.
- Remember what gives you most points: Star Cubes! Go for these first, as you earn the most points and lose heavily when they aren’t removed.
- Always try to remove cubes from higher levels… you get more points this way. A couple ideas: Remove cubes on the second or third level before they drop down. Use Wedge Cubes to higher your Star Cubes before removing them.
- Stone Cubes blocking a column or row does not make inaccessible cubes impossible to eliminate. Build out from the border of the game board until you can access it.